Is it an indoor or outdoor pool?
The Torrance Plunge is an outdoor pool.
How big is the pool?
The pool is 50 x 20 meters. The full 50 meter length is utilized in the summer months. The remainder of the year the pool is divided by a bulkhead and we swim the 25 yard length.
Are there showers?
If I pay the monthly dues, does this also cover the fee to swim at the pool during adult lap swim hours?
No. The monthly dues you pay go towards the pool rental fee, the lifeguard’s fee and the coach’s salary. If you decide to swim at the pool during their adult lap swim hours, you are still required to pay the pool's usage fee.
If I only swim a few days a month do I still have to pay the full monthly dues?
You may choose to buy a coupon book.
Who should I contact with any questions about LAPS?
Please contact LAPS using our Contact Us page.
What do I need to bring to workout?
Swimming is a relatively low cost activity, but here are a few key items:
- Goggles that are watertight and fit your eyes comfortably but snugly
- Speedos or other form-fitting swim suit
- Swim cap, especially if you have medium-length or longer hair
Although not required, you can also bring fins, paddles and a pull buoy. These can improve your technique and also help to make workouts more fun. Kickboards are also helpful and are available to use for free during workouts at the pool.
- Are you visiting from out of town and you’re afraid your gills will dry out if you don’t swim?
- Are you a beginning swimmer and have thought about joining a Masters Club?
- Are you training for a triathlon or an open water ocean swim?
- Did you swim competitively when you were younger, but haven’t swam for a while and now you’re toying with the idea of swimming again?
- Do you like coffee or tea?
If you answered “YES!” to any of the questions above, then please come join us for a workout.
Please see the LAPS Dues page for information on the cost of visiting LAPS.